Essential oils are no longer exclusively for spas, massages, and other aromatherapy treatments. They have been explored in a broader way that led the scientific community to discover their purpose in treating different diseases. There are hundreds of essential oils around the globe and many of them contain unique properties that can kill fungal and bacterial infections.
3 essential oils you can use to kill fungal and bacterial infections
Tea Tree Essential Oil
By utilizing steam distillation of its twigs and leaves, we are able to collect tea tree oil extracts. In today’s world, tea tree oil is used most commonly in households to cure tropical infections and diseases, especially in small children.
Antifungal and Antibacterial properties in Tea Tree Oil:
- Cicatrisant property:tea tree can cure the most hazardous and extreme infections in the tropics. It can cure internal bacterial infections in the urinary system, colon, stomach, and intestines. It can heal wounds quickly, providing protection from infections and it can also aid in the rupture of a cyst in viruses. Additionally, this property heals viral infections like measles, pox, influenza and the common cold.
- Antimicrobial property:Tea tree oil gives microbes no chance to stand against it. It is an effective protector against fungal infections, preventing fungal growth, and curing diseases such as Athlete’s foot and dermatitis.
- Antiseptic property:Open wounds are supremely vulnerable to infection by bacteria and fungi that may end in tetanus or sepsis. The antiseptic property helps to make sure that bacteria and fungi are killed instantaneously.
Application and Tips:
- Tea tree oil can be applied directly to the area of concern to prevent infection.
- Do not apply oils inside the ears, nose, or eyes.
- For sensitive skin, you can choose to dilute the oil by mixing it with a carrier oil (such as coconut oil). A good ratio is 3 drops of tea tree oil to 1 tablespoon of carrier oil.
- Reapply the oil every couple of hours.
Davana Essential Oil
Davana oil is extracted through the distillation in the flowers of the Davana plant. Its main components are linalool, davanone, terpenoids, and davana ether.
Antifungal and Antibacterial properties in Davana:
- Antiviral property:This property helps build effective armors against viral attacks. It penetrates the protective covering of viruses and kills the virus. It can treat viral infections such as measles, cough, colds, and influenza.
- Antiseptic property:This property fights infections of the urinary tract, internal and external wounds, kidneys, urethra, and other body parts. It also provides protection against conditions like tetanus.
Application and tips:
- This essential oil should be applied in mild concentration without delay for cuts and wounds, specifically from dirty abrasive or iron objects.
- Dilute this oil before applying by mixing it with a carrier oil of your choice. Use 3 drops of Devana oil to 1 tablespoon of your carrier oil.
- Continue to reapply the blend every 1-2 hours.
Lemongrass Essential Oil
Lemongrass is extracted by the process of steam distillation of dried lemongrass. The main components include Myrcene, Geranyl Acetate, Citronellal, Nerol, Neral, Geraniol, Limonene, and Citral.
Antifungal and Antibacterial properties in Lemongrass:
- Antimicrobial properties: Prevents the growth of bacteria and microbes either internally or externally. It is also an effective inhibitor against bacterial infections in the urinary tract, colon, wounds, stomach, respiratory system, and organ systems. Additionally, it aids in curing diseases caused by microbial and bacterial infections.
- Fungicidal property: Cures external and internal fungal infections.
Application and Tips:
- Apply the oil directly on the area of concern.
- This is a more potent oil and can irritate the skin, so, it is recommended to dilute this oil with a carrier oil. (3 drops of lemongrass to 1 tablespoon of carrier oil).
- Should not be used during pregnancy.
- Reapply the oil every 1-2 hours.
- If you dilute the oil and it still seems to be too potent for your skin, add more of the carrier oil to increase dilution.
The powerful properties of essential oils will promote faster healing than synthetic drugs. Also, they are the perfect way of taking advantage of the amazing natural resources that Mother Nature provides for us.
To learn more about essential oils, subscribe to our email updates and get 2 free audiobooks on essential oils and a 9-day free essential oil eCourse.
- Health Benefits Of Tea Tree Essential Oil – Organic Facts
- Health Benefits Of Davana Essential Oil – Organic Facts
- Essential Oil – Wikipedia
- Lemongrass Essential Oil – Young Living