This month OLM evaluates bath and skincare products. Many people will be interested to know which moisturizers passed the test. But readers should note that skin issues such as dry skin, acne, and eczema are symptoms of overall poor health. The health of your skin is primarily determined by what you eat and what you don’t eat. It is also determined by the chemicals you put on it.
Have you ever noticed how some women slather on hand lotion 30+ times a day? They need to ask themselves two questions:
- What is causing their skin to be dry?
- Could lotion be the cause rather than the solution? Or at the very least, could it be making the problem worse?
Do you have chapped lips or cracked heels? Maybe acne, which is usually a sign of a toxified liver and kidneys. If you have dry skin, you probably have a slow thyroid and/or slow kidneys, and/or do not get enough of the right kinds of fats in your diet (read FAT from our September issue).
Healthy skin comes from the inside out. If your body is getting enough nutrition and not being overwhelmed with toxins, it’s amazing how well it works!
That being said, you may will still want to use a good moisturizer from time to time. You may be working outside with your hands, or your house might be too dry in the winter. If you don’t have a water filtration system for your shower, tap water can dry out your skin. Regardless of the reason, you should not need to repeatedly apply a moisturizer. If you do, it isn’t working.
OLM discovered some wonderful moisturizers. They last, and unlike most other skin care products, they don’t dry out your skin causing a skincare addiction. While these moisturizers nourish your skin, and the moisture they infuse lasts, you will not be putting toxins onto your skin and into your body. Did you know that more than 60% of liquids and creams you put on your skin are completely absorbed into the body?
If you have chronically dry skin or other skin issues after switching to healthy skincare products, it’s certainly time for a detox (see our detox articles in this issue) and more importantly, a lifestyle change.
- Detox Cheap and Easy Without Fasting – Recipes Included
- How to Detoxify and Heal the Lymphatic System
- Holistic Guide to Healing the Endocrine System and Balancing Our Hormones
- Candida, Gut Flora, Allergies, and Disease
- Gluten, Candida, Leaky Gut Syndrome, and Autoimmune Diseases
- Hypothyroidism – Natural Remedies, Causes, and How To Heal the Thyroid
- How to Cure Lyme Disease, and Virtually Any Other Bacterial Infection, Naturally
- Shillington’s Kidney/ Bladder Formula
- Shillington’s Liver/Gallbladder Formula
- Shillington’s Blood Detox
- Oil of Oregano – Gaia Herbs
- Coconut Oil
- Lymphagogue Compound – Wise Woman Herbals
- Lavender Essential Oil – Wise Woman Herbals
- Natural Remedies for Acne
- How to Kill Candida and Balance Your Inner Ecosystem
- The Power of Our Hormones and How To Balance Them
- Make Your Immune System Bulletproof with These Natural Remedies
- Inexpensive Easy Detox The One Gallon Challenge