Ingredients (8-10 Burgers):
- 1 cup dry lentils, well rinsed
- 2½ cups water
- ½ teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup rolled oats, finely ground
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 cup bread crumbs (we recommend sprouted grain bread, stale, and torn into small pieces and ground in a food processer)
Method for Lentil Burger Recipe:
- In a saucepan place lentils, water, and salt, bring to a boil, lower heat, cover, and simmer until water is nearly gone and lentils are soft, with splitting skins (about 45 minutes).
- Sauté the onion, carrot, and bell pepper in oil until softer (about 3 minutes) then add garlic and continue for 30 seconds.
- Mix the lentils, onions, carrots, pepper, turmeric, and soy sauce in large bowl.
- Add the ground oats and bread crumbs, mix.
- Form the lentil mixture into patties (should still be warm), which can now be frozen, refrigerated for a few days, or cooked immediately.
Cooking (2 choices):
- Heat some oil in a frying pan at ,medium to medium-high heat and place a burger on top. Fry until brown (1-2 minutes). Repeat on other side and serve.
- In an oven at 400º bake on a greased baking sheet for about 15 minutes.
All ingredients should be organic whenever possible!
- Mental Health, Physical Health & B Vitamins – Nature’s Valium
- Five Super Protein-Rich Vegan Foods for Healthy Living
- Lentils and Wild Mushrooms In Savoy Leaves