Foods to Eat and Foods to Avoid If You Have MS
If you have MS, it is long past time for you to choose to eat the healthiest possible diet. Let’s face it, your immune system is in free fall. It is so confused, it is attacking the myelin sheath that coats your nerves and possibly your nerves as well. You know how serious this is. You know the devastation this disease can do to your body. Are you willing to do all you can do to heal your immune system? If the answer is yes, your diet is key.
The healthiest diet is a plant-based diet consisting of 80% fresh, raw, organic produce – more vegetables than fruits.
Avoid These Foods If You Have MS
- Any “food” that contains the following:
- Artificial flavoring
- Artificial color
- Trans Fats
- High fructose corn syrup
- Gluten (Which means no wheat including kamut, faro, spelt, durum, bulgur, or semolina and no barley, rye, or triticale. Oats may be a problem, too.)
- Any foods you have had an allergic reaction to
In other words, cut out all processed foods. Choose whole foods, organic foods filled with nutrients.
Be Sure To Eat The Following Foods
- A wide variety of healthy fats (be sure you get enough omega3 fatty acids)
- A wide variety of produce (make salads with 15 or more veggies!)
- Foods that continually detox the body like garlic, onions, cilantro, ginger, and turmeric
- Lots of pure water
Consider the Following Supplements
- B Complex vitamins high in B-12
- Vitamin D
- Coenzyme Q10
- Multi-vitamins and minerals
If you are willing to do the work, you can get healthy. It all starts with giving the body the nutrients it needs to heal itself. If you have MS, you have a sick gut. This diet will help you heal the gut. You can’t do it part way. You need to learn all you can about true health and you need to practice what you learn. Yes, this means you will overhaul your diet, but you will feel so much better, so fast.