In today’s toxic world, we absorb, inhale, and ingest chemicals and heavy metals on a daily basis. Bad bacteria and Candida ooze toxins as a part of their metabolism and as they die off. Bi-annual detoxes help to cleanse your body and remove these highly toxic substances, but what about the other 363 days out of the year when we accumulate toxins?
What if the food we include in our daily diet not only nourishes our bodies but binds to those toxins and helps cleanse our tissues? What if our nutrient dense diet became a daily detox? With the following foods, it can.
Pass the pond scum, please!
Chlorella and spirulina, two amazing superfoods, are actually pond scum that grow in fresh water. Chlorella is a round, single cell organism rich in chlorophyll that contains 20 vitamins and minerals and all of the essential amino acids. Spirulina is a spiral, multi-cell organism that is also rich in chlorophyll, and it contains 18 vitamins and minerals, 8 amino acids, and omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids. Both of these superfoods are high in protein and antioxidants. Both do a remarkable job of absorbing heavy metals and other toxins. They are so good at absorbing metals, it is vital to purchase your chlorella and spirulina from a trusted source to ensure you do not buy product that has absorbed heavy metals from the environment where it was grown. Here’s a recipe for making your own nutrition powder. And here’s four more chlorella recipes.
Garlic is rich in vitamin C, vitamin B6, and manganese. It’s active ingredient, a sulfur compound, allicin, provides the primary healing aspects of garlic. Garlic prevents or reduces the severity of viruses like the common cold and the flu, lowers blood pressure, lowers LDL cholesterol, and is an antioxidant. It is also antibacterial, antifungal, and antiparasitic. Amazingly enough, it also binds heavy metals and helps us todetox. It’s best effects come from eating 3 or more cloves each day. Always wait 10 minutes or so after cutting or crushing garlic to cook it or eat it raw to allow the allicin to form.
Cilantro binds to heavy metals, pulling them from blood and body tissues, and eliminates them from the body. It is a strong antioxidant known to help with sleep, to reduce anxiety, and to lower blood sugar. What we call cilantro is actually coriander–the same plant from which we harvest coriander seeds. It is also known as Chinese parsley.
Wheatgrass contains calcium, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, B vitamins, vitamin A, and vitamin C. It is a powerful detoxifier that neutralizes toxins with enzymes and cleanses the body of heavy metals and other toxic substances stored in tissues and organs. Like spirulina and chlorella, it is a wonderful source of chlorophyll. It’s also in the Total Nutrition recipe.
This tonic helps detoxify heavy metals and it offers a lot of other benefits too.
- 1 handful of garlic cloves
- 1 handful of chopped onions
- 1 handful of chopped ginger
- 1 handful of chopped horseradish
- 1/2 handful of chopped habanero peppers
- Raw apple cider vinegar
Throw in a blender and cover with an inch or two of organic raw apple cider vinegar. All ingredients should be organic, but don’t let that stop you from making this great formula (as long as the garlic is not from China). You can use the mash right away or wait two weeks and allow it to turn into a tincture.
So let’s put it all together; here’s a protocol:
Daily Heavy Metals Removal Protocol
- Smoothie with Total Nutrition Formula
- Large salad with lots of garlic, cilantro, and leafy greens
- Juice – Golden Milk Tea or turmeric and ginger
- Blood Detox tea and/or formula (they work well together, but you can also just do one or the other)
- Shillington’s Total Tonic
- Drink lots of cranberry lemonade daily
This isn’t just a heavy metal detox diet, it’s a detox protocol that detoxifies without fasting, and heals the whole body. This is a strong protocol as long as you don’t eat processed foods with it. Here in our “further reading” section below find all of the links you need to for the protocol recipes, and below, and if you’d rather purchase the formulas and tonics, see below as well. If you suffer from illness due to heavy metal toxicity, you’ll want to check our How To Detoxify and Heal From Vaccinations and Leaky Gut Syndrome, and Autoimmune Diseases.
- Detox Cheap and Easy Without Fasting – Recipes Included (salad and cranberry lemonade recipe)
- How to Optimize Curcumin Absorption – With Golden Milk Tea Recipe
- Total Nutrition – Make your own Homemade Multivitamin and Mineral Formula
- Powerfully Healing Raspberry Cream Smoothie Recipe
- Shillington’s Blood Detox Formula
- Shillington’s Total Tonic
- HM Chelate – Pure Encapsulations (not mentioned in the article, but this is an all natural chelator)
- Shillington’s Total Nutrition Formula
- Chlorella -Herbwisdom.com
- Spirulina Herb Profile – Wellness Mama
- 11 Proven Health Benefits of Garlic – Authority Nutrition
- Why Wheatgrass – Hippocrates Institute
- The Health Benefits of Cilantro – Global Healing Center