Cleaning your oven with baking soda and vinegar will leave it sparkling clean and shiny, without you having to rely on dangerous chemicals. It is easy and very effective! All you will need is baking soda and white vinegar, some spare time, and a few home cleaning tools to do the job. Follow this step-by-step guide:
- Remove the interior items. Before you proceed with actual cleaning, you will need to remove oven racks, thermometer, pizza stone, etc. Clean each of these as it is likely they have accumulated a lot of spills, too.
- Prepare your solution. You are going to need half a cup of baking soda and some water to create a paste-like mix. The goal is to add enough water to turn the soda into a spreadable paste that you are going to use instead of the usual commercial cleaning products.
- Coat the oven interior with the paste. Don some gloves and spread the baking soda/water paste on the interior of your oven. Try to be as thorough as possible, and don’t forget to coat the oven door as well.
- Let the paste sit overnight. Now that you have coated the oven interior, it is time to let the baking soda do its job. Let it sit overnight before you proceed with further cleaning.
- Wipe the baking soda paste. Now that the solution has had enough time to do its job, you must wipe it from the interior of your oven. Use a damp cloth for the job. Start with the door, as you might want to lean inside to get to the interior areas. Use a spatula to gently pick off baking soda that is hard to remove with the cloth.
- Spray with vinegar. After you have cleaned most of the baking soda, continue by spraying the interior with white vinegar. This will react with the leftover soda, making it easy to remove. Additionally, it will further sanitise your oven.
- Take your time to enjoy a restored oven. After you wipe the vinegar, you will notice the brand new shine of your oven.
For more eco-friendly cleaning methods be sure to check out the Tidy Up Blog.
- How to Use Vinegar and Baking Soda to Clean Your Home
- Three Homemade Toothpaste Recipes – Better Oral Health for Less Cost
- Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar & How to Make Your Own
- Baking Soda: A Lot More Than Just a Baking Staple