Lyme disease is no longer an obscure malady that can only be caught in Connecticut. In 2013, the year with the latest available data, the CDC predicted an estimated 300,000 actual new cases, though only 30,000 per year were reported and confirmed. Cases have been diagnosed in all 50 states, but as of 2013, 95% of the confirmed cases came from the following states: Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, and Wisconsin.
What Is Lyme Disease?
Lyme disease is an infection from the Borrelia burgdorferi bacterium. It is not known to be a contagious disease spread from person to person. Its only known transmission is through the bite of an infected tick. (Though there is now argument that other insects, including mosquitoes and fleas, may also be carriers, and that it may be sexually transmitted). Although symptoms can and do vary, the majority of cases adhere to the following pattern:
Phase One – 3 to 30 Days
Also called early localized infection
- 70-75% develop a rash. A characteristic bull’s eye rash develops, starting at the site of the tick bite. It is not itchy or painful but may be warm to the touch.
- Flu-like symptoms develop: fever, chills, swollen lymph glands, headaches, muscle pain, joint pain.
Phase Two – Days to Weeks After Bite
Also called early disseminated infection
- Rash spreads
- Large joints may become swollen and painful
- Stiff neck in some cases
- Meningitis may develop
- Heart palpitations
Phase Three – Later Months to Years
Also called late disseminated infection
Many infectious disease specialists believe that “chronic Lyme disease” does not exist, and that Lyme disease from a tick bite can be cured with a short course of antibiotics. It is possible that those who have undergone antibiotic treatments are suffering from the side effects of antibiotics, but more and more experts are coming around to the idea that Lyme disease can survive and cause long-term autoimmune symptoms when antibiotics don’t work. We all know (or at least, we all should know) that antibiotics do not always work and can cause more problems.
- Arthritis symptoms – swollen, painful joints (fluid filled joints)
- Neurological symptoms – numbness, tingling, shooting pains
- Cognitive symptoms – brain fog, short-term memory deficits, confusion
- Mood disturbance – depression
- Abnormal heart rhythms and heart failure
Facial paralysis may also occur in this stage or stage two.
History of Lyme Disease
In the 1960s and 1970s, something was very wrong in Connecticut. In a population of 12,000 living in three contiguous towns: Old Lyme, Lyme, and East Haddam, 39 children were diagnosed with juvenile rheumatoid arthritis and 12 adults were diagnosed with arthritis of unknown cause.
In 1975, frustrated by the lack of answers from their medical community, two mothers became patient advocates, gathering information from residents that they passed on to the Connecticut State Department of Health and the Yale School of Medicine.
Researchers were able to identify the disease and recognize its symptoms, but it wasn’t until the early 80s that the actual cause was discovered. Willy Burgdorfer, a scientist who was studying Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, discovered the tick connection along with the bacterium, a spirochete, that caused Lyme. The bacterium, Borrelia burgdorferi, was named after him.
The Lyme Controversy
A quick review of current articles about Lyme reveals a great deal of frustration on the part of both patients and doctors battling the disease. First of all, there are serious problems with diagnostics. Since 25-30% of patients who have been infected with Lyme do not exhibit a rash – the first and most specific symptom is missing. Of those who present with a rash, many do not exhibit the characteristic bull’s eye rash. Blood tests to identify the bacteria produce both false negatives and false positives. Therefore an initial, correct diagnosis may be hard to come by. Lyme disease also imitates other diseases and is therefore regularly misdiagnosed as MS, fibromyalgia, arthritis, ALS, and other illnesses.
There are multiple tests for Lyme. The CDC recommends screening with the ELISA test and confirming with the Western blot test, but during the first 4-6 weeks of infection these tests are unreliable because they measure the patient’s antibody response to the infection, not the bacteria itself.
Lyme disease is notoriously difficult to diagnose using conventional tests. And there’s great variation in the presentation of the disease as well, depending on where you contracted it, and whether or not you have any other coexisting infections. There is a group of seven or eight microbes that are the most common. The worst ones are Babesia microti and the different forms of Bartonella.
It is said that an initial course of antibiotics given in stage one cures the disease most of the time, but why not all the time? Is the course of antibiotics too short? Should more be given? Should they be given long term, especially for those who have stage 3 symptoms? What if blood tests no longer show spirochetes? If the antibiotics don’t work, the patient now has to combat Lyme with a very depleted immune system.” – Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt, MD, PhD
Why Antibiotics May Not Work for Lyme Disease
- Borrelia burgdorferi, the bacteria that causes Lyme disease, has a corkscrew shape that allows it to bore deep into tissues and cartilage (including the brain and nervous system), safely out of reach of most antibiotics.
- Borrelia burgdorferi can give up its corkscrew shape and convert to a form that is able to live inside cells (“intracellular”) where again, antibiotics have less reach.
- Borrelia burgdorferi, along with other similar microbes, can form dormant cysts that are completely resistant to antibiotics; the harder you hit it, the more resistant it becomes.
- Borrelia burgdorferi is usually accompanied and aided by co-infections of other stealth microbes that also live inside cells.
Antibiotic resistance occurs at a high rate with these types of microbes. An antibiotic is one single chemical substance. Bacteria, such as Borrelia (and also its co-infections), respond slowly to antibiotics and have more time to develop resistance to the antibiotic. In other words, the longer they can hang on, the more likely they are to become completely antibiotic resistant. Using multiple antibiotics at once seems to accelerate this process and alternating antibiotics doesn’t seem to help. Resistant bacteria become even more entrenched.
Antibiotics destroy the normal flora (friendly bacteria) in the gut and skin, causing bacterial imbalance and a host of other symptoms in the body. Most importantly, use of antibiotics suppresses immune function, which may present the greatest hurdle to recovery—you cannot get well without optimal immune function.
Borrelia burgdorferi can exist in biofilms, which are protected colonies of microbes that form on a surface (such as plaque on your teeth), but what role this plays in Lyme disease is controversial. The symptom profile of Lyme disease suggests that it is not a biofilm disease and that biofilms are not a big factor in overcoming Lyme.
Doctors Treating Lyme Disease
Some doctors complain that patients who have never been definitively diagnosed with the disease demand treatment for chronic Lyme disease. Other doctors contend that it is rare for a patient with Lyme disease to only suffer from one singular infection as ticks often carry and can infect us with several pathogens at once. In addition, there is not one “Lyme Disease.” There are five sub species of Borrelia burgdorferi. Of these subspecies, there are more than 100 strains in the U.S. and 300 worldwide. And many of them are now antibiotic resistant. Even the worst infections may not test positive for Borrelia burdorferi. They may not test positive until initial treatment has occurred, a situation called the Lyme Paradox.
Dr. Richard Horowitz, of Hyde Park, New York, is one of the most sought after Lyme specialists. He states that at least half of his patients are infected with babesiosis. Rather than a bacteria, babesiosis is a microscopic parasite that infects red blood cells. Since most of his patients present with multiple infections and an overwhelmed immune system, he focuses on strengthening the immune system, knowing that he is treating the patient, not the disease.
Patients who are not lucky enough to see a doctor as knowledgeable as Dr. Horowitz often get caught in the crossfire that occurs when doctors are faced with limited understanding of a pathogen, a complicated infectious process, and a treatment modality that does not work the same for every patient. Stories abound of doctors accusing Lyme sufferers of being hypochondriacs or malingerers when they are experiencing very real, debilitating, painful symptoms.
On top of all of this, spiders, mosquitoes, fleas, and mites may also be spreading the same or similar bacterial infections.
How to Cure Lyme Disease Naturally
The bacteria that cause Lyme can be found in the skin, heart, joints, and nervous system. On top of that, Lyme disease specialists are finding that what we call Lyme disease may be caused by several different infectious organisms and may even be caused by a combination of different infectious pathogens. Some speculate that Lyme disease is an infection from the bacteria along with an overabundance of fungi (like Candida) or a parasite.
Everyone plays host to countless viruses, infectious bacteria, fungi, toxins, and cancer cells in their body. Many may be carrying Lyme, along with or many other scary diseases, and not know it.
Those with stronger immune systems often pass on infections they didn’t even know they have to others with weakened immunity. Currently, specialists are saying Lyme cannot be passed from person to person. Some are challenging this belief, especially in regards to sexual transmission. Regardless, those infected can carry the disease for years without knowing it.
The good news is that a holistic approach to fixing the body’s immune system and ridding it of infectious agents can cure almost any disease. The approach to Lyme should be similar to the approach to curing HIV, fibromyalgia, chronic strep, lupus, Chlamydia, and many other diseases. The first step is to heal the gut, balance the gut flora, and rebuild the immune system.
Your Gut and Your immune System
Chronic infection is an underlying factor in most chronic illnesses. Our sugar-laden diet, GMO foods that kill beneficial bacteria, antibiotics, other antibacterial products, and many of the chemicals in our food supply deplete our beneficial bacteria, which wreaks havoc on our immune systems. This sets the stage for systemic, chronic fungal infections and parasites to multiply, permeate the gut, enter the body’s bloodstream, and spread infection throughout the body.
Conventional doctors are very bad at finding and diagnosing parasitical and fungal infections that cannot easily be seen on the surface of the body. The average person is dealing with Candida overgrowth at the very least (the most common fungal infection in our bodies) due to the aforementioned modern diet and lifestyle.
Obviously, to treat a difficult bacterial infection such as Lyme (or whatever combination of bacteria, viruses, and parasites causing Lyme symptoms) the immune system needs to be as strong as possible. The immune system is only as healthy as the gut. The body’s intestinal tract mirrors the body’s health and dictates the power of the immune system. Step one is to balance the gut flora and eliminate most of the harmful pathogens in the body.
A healthy diet relies on a foundation of on raw, fresh, organic (when possible), whole foods and herbs. Salads are one of the best ways to do this. Not your typical iceberg lettuce salads with a few carrots shreds and some ranch dressing, but a salad with a wide variety of at least 10 different vegetables along with fresh garlic, turmeric, ginger, unrefined sea salt, and healthy fats. It is the best way to get a wide array of the best nutrients that will repair the gut and rebuild the body’s immune system. Don’t underestimate this; a large salad every day, done right, will do more for the body than any supplement regimen, and when followed long enough, the right diet with these kinds of daily salads can completely heal the body from disease, in most cases. But the right supplement protocol can radically speed things up and is often necessary for the very ill.
A perfect diet would not be complete without lots of clean drinking water. For detoxification, cranberry stevia lemonade is very good for rejuvenating the kidneys, cleaning the liver, purifying blood, and flushing out the whole system. For most people, a gallon a day will yield remarkable results, but for smaller people, or those who have rare conditions that make this dangerous, use common sense and don’t ever drink too much water (or any fluid). And for everyone else, a gallon of cranberry lemonade every day will have amazing benefits, second only to salads and cutting out other junk food, but again, use common sense. Drinking that much water in a very short period of time can kill people, believe it or not.
When healing the gut, you want to kill fungi and parasites, balance the bacteria, and begin healing the intestinal walls. Undecylenic acid is the best supplement on the market for killing Candida and other fungal pathogens. Wormwood, barberry root, black walnut hull, cape aloe leaf, and garlic are all very powerful, broad-spectrum antimicrobials that kill the bad guys and help reset the balance of gut flora. Many of these also have other healing benefits on the digestive system. Garlic, bentonite clay, and activated charcoal are all powerful toxin removers with a host of other benefits.
A high quality probiotic designed to make it past stomach acid will help restore the balance of the body’s naturally occurring beneficial bacteria by crowding out, and competing with and even feeding off of the harmful flora. The bacteria from these supplements don’t last very long (regardless of what the manufactures tell you), but the idea is that your body’s natural bacteria can proliferate once the probiotics do their job. This is why a prebiotic diet is so important, and raw, fresh, organically grown produce provides the best prebiotics.
Don’t underestimate the power of beneficial bacteria for a properly working, strong immune system. Your beneficial bacteria play a major role in our immune system.
The appendix is a safe house for good bacteria. The body releases these bacteria when the body needs it. If you don’t have an appendix, it behooves you to take probiotics every day for the rest of your life. But take them at the right time. If you take probiotics at the same time you take antimicrobial supplements, the antimicrobials will kill the probiotic bacteria.
When doing a supplement protocol that employs antimicrobials, take the probiotics at night, just before bed, a few hours after taking other supplements that can harm the bacteria. Take the other antimicrobial supplements throughout the day. Or how ever you can work it out to give the probiotics ample time to do their thing before you kill them with antimicrobials.
How to Kill Lyme
Since the bacteria that cause Lyme can be so difficult to kill, a multifaceted approach should be taken with supplements. As mentioned, anyone suffering from Lyme disease is bound to have other issues depleting their immune system as well. The severity of Lyme symptoms will correlate with the overall toxicity in the body. Toxin elimination (which includes toxins released from the Lyme bacteria itself, and all other toxins) is imperative, along with building a healthy gut.
Common Co-Infections Must Be Addressed
Dr. Klinghardt (if you suffer from any disease, check out his research as well) states that common co-infections include, “roundworms, tapeworms, threadworms, toxoplasmosis, giardia and amoebas, clostridia, the herpes virus family, parvovirus B 19, active measles (in the small intestine), leptospirosis, chronic strep infections and their mutations, Babesia, Brucella, Ehrlichiosis, Bartonella, mycoplasma, Rickettsia, Bartonella, and a few others.”
As mentioned previously, fungi including molds, Candida, and other yeast are always part of the picture, and other toxicity issues such as heavy metal contamination are typically a heavy burden on a Lyme infected host as well.
A holistic Lyme protocol has a healthy diet as the foundation, focusing on vegetables, herbs, and whole foods, with the elimination of processed and refined foods, especially those with toxic chemicals added to them. When the diet is dialed in, the supplements have much more effectiveness, and the body is able to purge toxins more easily, and the immune system is radically stronger. Diet is key, and with almost all diseases, the right diet will prevent the disease in the first place, and can usually cure the disease given enough time. But, with today’s toxic loads, supplements are often needed, and even when diet could do the job on its own, again, supplements will radically speed up the process.
Specific Lyme Disease Protocol
This protocol will flush toxins and alleviate the body’s toxic load, replenish nutrition and ensure your body can absorb and assimilate nutrients, strengthen the immune system, and kill pathogens that cause us harm. It will work to rid the body of any infection, including viruses, but the protocol does emphasis effectiveness against difficult bacterial infection, molds and fungal infections, and parasites.
This means that this protocol will be extremely effective against bacterial infections such as syphilis, chlamydia, gonorrhea, and any ailments caused by fungal infections as well.
If a known viral co-infection exists, this protocol is strong enough to eliminate viruses, but you could do so faster by adding St. John’s Wort, Pau d’Arco, colloidal silver, zinc, olive leaf extract, and systemic enzymes. Personally, if it were me, I would just up the systemic enzyme dosage with the following protocol to combat viruses.
Step One – Lyme Disease Diet
It’s time to tighten the diet. Dial it in. Get strict. This doesn’t mean you won’t enjoy food; it means it’s time to learn to enjoy salads! Make a salad every day, using at least ten different vegetables and at least five different herbs and spices. Variety is key, and be sure to mix it up, but always include garlic, turmeric, pepper, healthy fats like avocado, flax, and coconut oil, and get organic, fresh (recently picked from the ground, not frozen or canned) vegetables whenever possible.
Fruit is great to consume with this diet, but every time fruit is eaten, SF722 or another powerful fungal fighter needs to be taken with it.
Juicing is a common problem for us health nuts. Sweet juice is a refined sugar, even fresh squeezed organic orange juice. Beets, carrots, and all fruits (save lemon, lime, granny smith apple, and cranberry), feed fungal infections, bacteria, and promote viruses. Juicing is fine, when done right. Juice regularly, but instead of those sweet juices, try ginger and turmeric shots (see the golden milk recipe below). On the other hand, you’re not likely to have much room for juicing because you will be drinking a lot of cranberry, stevia lemonade.
Every day, make a gallon of cranberry lemonade sweetened with stevia, and a very large salad (at least 6 cups). Obviously your size should be taken into consideration, don’t kill yourself trying to drink a gallon a day if you only weigh 80 pounds, but for most people a gallon of water a day will do them a world of good.
Absolutely no alcohol is allowed on this diet save what little bit is in some of the recommended tinctures.
Recipe links for recipes that don’t feed infection
- 80% Raw Food Diet (My salad recipe, the best salad you’ve ever had.)
- How To Optimize Curcumin Absorption – With Golden Milk Tea Recipe
- Inexpensive, Easy Detox – The One Gallon Challenge
- Powerfully Healing Raspberry Cream Smoothie Recipe (This recipe calls for pineapple, a very sugary fruit that can be problematic for some. Take 5-10 SF722 with this smoothie to safeguard against fungal growth.)
Beans and rice (when made right, soak and sprout beans, soak rice), quinoa, amaranth, eggs, homemade nut milks (only if nuts are sprouted first, and cashews and pasteurized almonds will not sprout), and organic free-range meats are all okay on this diet.
- Eat a big, diverse salad every day (fresh, organic whenever possible, never GMO foods).
- Consume fresh fruits and vegetables throughout the day.
- Gallon of cranberry, stevia lemonade with cayenne to taste.
- Turmeric and ginger juicing regularly, daily is best.
- No processed, refined, foods. No pasta, no breads, no cereals, no white rice.
- Prepare your own foods – this is not the time to be going out to eat.
- No chemically laden foods, fake foods, GMO foods, or even “healthy” junk foods (such as organic chips, organic cereals).
Step Two – Reset the Gut to Heal the Body
Read the article, Gluten, Candida, Leaky Gut Syndrome, and Autoimmune Diseases. I know, you’re just getting to the meat of this 5,000+ word article, and I’m asking you to read another beast of an article, but you’ve got Lyme! A supposedly incurable disease means you have plenty of research to do.
The aforementioned diet will go a long way to heal the gut, and given time, will typically heal the gut on its own, especially in cases where the body is not dealing with a heavy load or a systemic infection. Since we’re dealing with a systemic infection, the supplements below are highly recommended.
Do not underestimate the importance of this step. This is, in fact, more important than the proceeding steps that specifically address viruses. In fact, most people that find themselves with disease only make it through this step and then feel so much better that they tend to stop the protocol. This is probably fine if you spend the rest of your life eating extremely well, which you should do regardless, but even when the body feels better than it has since you can remember, that doesn’t mean the infection is gone. It means the infection(s) is at bay, but ready to bounce back at the first chance.
The following are supplements that will clean out the gut, help detoxify the body, remove parasites, fungi, and begin the removal of heavy metals and other contaminates.
SF722 is the best supplement I know of for talking care of any kind of fungi (yeast, mold, Candida). You can take a lot of it at once. I’ve taken up to 30 at once with no side effects. For someone with obvious signs of Candida overgrowth I recommend people take 30 a day for the first few days, and then cut back to 10 a day for a few weeks. For cases where someone is unsure of a Candida infection, take 10 a day for a few days and cut back to 5 a day thereafter. Take this supplement whenever consuming foods that may feed Candida (like sweeter fruits such as pineapple), and always have this supplement on hand.
SF722 is very powerful against fungal infections, but it does kill some other bad guys as well, which means it can kill some good guys too, so I recommend taking it with other antimicrobial supplements throughout the day, and replenish beneficial bacteria every night with a probiotic like FloraMend.
Whatever probiotic you choose, be sure it is designed to make it past the stomach acid. Stomach acid kills most of the beneficial bacteria in fermented vegetables and cheaply made probiotic supplements. Bio-K (we don’t have this one at our sister site, Green Lifestyle Market, but most health food stores carry it) is an example of a bacteria specifically designed to make it through stomach acid.
FloraMend is a probiotic with a capsule designed to pass through stomach acid and release in the more alkaline environment of the gut. The benefit of FloraMend it that it stores easily and is tolerant to fairly extreme weather temperatures (up to 110 F). The benefit of Bio-K is that you can add it to your smoothies, feed it to young children and infants, and use it to strengthen the probiotic nature of other yogurts for a treat every now and then (but occasional treats should come after the body burden is substantially lessened, and the host is feeling much better).
Shillington’s products should be taken exactly as directed. His Intestinal Detox has activated charcoal, but I recommend getting more of it on this protocol than the intestinal detox would give by itself, so I added an additional supplement of just the charcoal. I recommend 5-10 a day depending on the body’s burden.
The following supplement regimen should be done for 1-2 weeks, depending on the severity of the flora-imbalance. If most symptoms do not significantly decrease, tighten up the diet and consider adding some more SF722 to the daily protocol.
- Shillington’s Intestinal Cleanse – Kills parasites, heals the intestinal walls, sets up a hospitable home for healthy flora.
- Formula SF722 – Undecenoic acid, kills Candida and other fungal functions.
- Floramend-Prime – A strong probiotic designed to pass through the stomach acid and into the intestinal tract.
- MicroDefense – Pure Encapsulations
- Shillington’s Intestinal Detox – This is necessary only for those with seriously damaged intestines, anyone who has recently been vaccinated, or those looking to do a thorough detox. Pulls out heavy metals, positively charged protozoa, and other toxins.
- Activated Charcoal – Activated Charcoal is highly porous, negatively charged, and attracts and adsorbs unwanted substances, carrying them out of the digestive tract.
- Blood Detox Formula (tincture) & Blood Detox Tea – This is an absolutely amazing formula for cleaning out the blood, keeping things detoxifying and moving well, and assisting the elimination organs such as the kidneys and liver. I consider this formula to be essential for any detox. Clean blood makes for a clean body. You can use one or the other, but the combination of the tea and tincture is even more powerful. Do not take this formula for more than two weeks, practice two weeks on and one week off. Tip: the instructions on the bottle say to take externally, but it is designed to be taken orally.
Step Three – Kill Lyme, and any other infection
Foundational supplements should be taken for months and could be taken indefinitely. They provide the body with a foundation of the minerals and vitamins and other nutrients needed so that, along with the right diet, the body remains at peak performance, able to fend off new invaders and rid itself of any current infection and toxins.
For those on a tight budget, looking for a stopping point, I recommend completing the first phase of the protocol (above) and then always having on hand the activated charcoal and the SF722. If affordable, add the Total Nutrition Formula and the Fish oil as well, and take every day for a year. A lack of nutrition or an abundance of toxins at any time before the Lyme bacteria is completely eliminated will likely result in resurgence of infection along with renewed symptoms. For most people, a very strict diet and just a few supplements (after balancing the gut flora as previously advised) will eventually rid the body of any and all Lyme.
- Total Nutrition Formula – This is actual food, perfectly balanced to provide a nice foundation of the most important vitamins and many other essential nutrients. You can also make your own, see below.
- Liquid Light – The most common minerals Lyme patients tend to be low on include copper, magnesium, manganese and iron. Liquid Light has these and many other minerals the body needs. It’s one of the best mineral supplements on the market.
- Activated Charcoal – For the same reason mentioned above, this will just continue to pull out toxins as your body heals and fights infection.
- SF722 – Always keep it on hand. With today’s modern diets and lifestyle, Candida and other fungal infections are an extremely common problem.
- Systemic Enzymes – These enzymes are designed to pass through the stomach acid and release in the intestinal tract (like the aforementioned FloraMend). While this is one of the least important supplements for specifically killing bacteria, it is a powerful antiviral supplement with an incredible array of other benefits and detoxification capabilities. For more information on this, check out our Vaccine Detox article.
- Floramend-Prime – For those without an appendix. If you don’t have your appendix then you should be taking a probiotic for the rest of your life.
- Fish oil with D – Vitamin D is a common vitamin to be low on, even for those eating the healthiest of diets, and the fats are extremely important for building healthy cell structure so that the body’s cells are less susceptible to infection and toxin damage from infectious organisms. For vegans, there are separate vitamin D and fat supplements.
Anti-microbial and Immune Boosting Supplements
The previous list of “foundational supplements” can be taken indefinitely for better health and vitality. They are in fact the supplements that my family, my dog, and I take regularly. This next group of supplements should be taken for two weeks at a time, and then halted for one week. When the body is functioning well, these supplements will eliminate unwanted pathogens, but they also kill our good micro flora, too. Some of the supplements lose their effectiveness after a couple of weeks, and it’s a good idea, after two weeks of these supplements, to build up beneficial bacteria in the body.
One of the reasons this phase of the protocol is so good at eliminating bacteria, even the hard to kill kind, is that we’re attacking it with a wide array of natural chemicals. Many protocols call for three or four different supplements that are known to kill bacterial infections, but do so in the same way with the same chemicals. For instance, Oregon grape, coptis chinensis, and goldenseal are sometimes recommended in the same protocol to kill bacteria, but they use the same naturally occurring chemical called berberine to do so. This regimen utilizes supplements with very different chemical compounds to attack the infection in different ways.
- Mushroom Complex – This mushroom formula called MycoPhyto Complex uses a mix of six different medicinal mushrooms to improve and maintain the immune system. The phytochemicals in these mushrooms limit the spread of tumors and infections on a microbial level, strengthening the body’s defense system.
- Oil of Oregano – The beneficial effect of oil of oregano resonates in several of the body’s systems. It’s a powerful antioxidant and a powerful anti-microbial.
- Berberine – This is the alkaloid known to kill bacteria, viruses, fungi, and parasites that is present in a number of plants including barberry, tree turmeric, Oregon grape, goldenseal, and goldthread.
- Liposomal Vitamin C – This vitamin C is highly bio-available, and will strengthen the immune system and provide a host of other benefits.
- Colloidal Silver – Most are familiar with its antimicrobial properties. I’ve never found it to be as effective as other compounds, but combined with other supplements, colloidal silver makes it nearly impossible for infection to flourish.
- Olive Leaf Extract – This is one that can be taken indefinitely. Olive leaf extract is one of those rare supplements that supports the immune system and kills the infections without harming beneficial microflora.
- Shillington’s Echinacea Plus – Minimize the severity and duration of a current illness and enhance your immune system – a great addition for anyone detoxifying and looking to keep their immune system strong while the onslaught of toxins works through the elimination organs.
The whole protocol above is overkill. It’s expensive, and it’s more than enough for most. On the other hand, if you have the money and want to knock out chronic disease fast, there’s no better protocol, and all of the recommended supplements have immense benefits to the body for a multitude of reasons. If not, try getting through the first two phases, and then maybe choose just one or two of the supplements for the third phase.
EMF’s should also be limited, and grounding, or Earthing should be done as much as possible. Himalayan salt lamps can be very beneficial for those suffering from Lyme.
Be sure to get enough sleep, and make sure the water you’re drinking is clean, beneficial water.
There are new approaches for diagnosing Lyme in development. They look promising, but you do not have to wait for a proper diagnosis to heal your body and feel vibrant and healthy again. It really doesn’t matter if it’s Lyme or anything else. Healing the body is about restoring the immune system, reducing toxins, and feeding the body right.
- Detox Cheap and Easy Without Fasting – Recipes Included
- Understand Hypothyroidism – Prevention and Natural Remedies
- How To Detoxify and Heal From Vaccinations – For Adults and Children
- How to Detoxify and Heal the Lymphatic System
- Holistic Guide to Healing the Endocrine System and Balancing Our Hormones
- Candida, Gut Flora, Allergies, and Disease
- Lyme Disease – MedicinenNet.com
- What is the history of Lyme disease? – MedicinenNet.com
- Lyme Disease – Medicine Net.com
- History of Lyme Disease – Bay Area Lyme Foundation
- The Lyme Wars – The New Yorker
- Close to Home: A History of Yale and Lyme Disease – Yale Journal of Biology and Medicine – NCBI
- Lyme Disease Diagnosis – Lyme Disease.org
- Why is Lyme Disease Not JUST a Tick-Borne Disease Anymore? – Mercola