Inflammation is a natural, healthy response to cellular damage or a natural, healthy immune response to a perceived threat. The idea that inflammation can persist without serving a purpose is a misnomer that allows the cause of disease to go unchecked and ignored.
When any part of the body is inflamed, it is either damaged and healing or damaged and deteriorating. Forget the idea that inflammation is “wrong” or “unnecessary” or that it can even get out of control. It’s not inflammation that is “out of control.” Inflammation is what brings the disease fighting cells and the extra nutrition needed to heal damage to the site. Without inflammation, we wouldn’t heal.
What causes damage? Damage, in this case, is cell trauma. Cells malfunction due to trauma caused by an external force or from internal trauma caused by toxicity of some kind and (or) a lack of nutrition.
It’s important to note that while nutritional deficiencies are one of the main causes of cell malfunction, diet is not always to blame. Sometimes the problem is a lack of ability to absorb and assimilate nutrition due to damage from toxic foods. For example, many people consume plenty of nutrition while they also ingest way too much sugar.
Candida Causes Inflammation
Inflammation is not the root of disease; Candida is typically the root of disease.
An overgrowth of Candida causes an imbalanced gut that cannot digest and assimilate nutrition well, and Candida burrows into the gut lining, penetrating the gut wall to allow proteins, sugars, infectious microbes, and other particles into the bloodstream.
Candida Albicans is a very opportunistic parasite. It can normally live in our intestinal tract in harmony with bacteria. “Normally,” in this case, indicates the natural way, but in today’s society, a balanced gut is far from the norm. An imbalance in the gut almost always leads to a massive overgrowth of Candida, which is very good at tearing through the intestinal walls to flood the whole body, opening the door to other infectious agents that should not escape the gut, causing infection and inflammation everywhere.
Candida and other infections microbes cause inflammation by being properly perceived in the body as an infectious agent (when an immune response is activated) and also due to the toxins they release throughout their lifecycle.
Fungal infections and other parasitical infections cause massive amounts of toxic substances to overwhelm the body, causing cellular damage everywhere. Infection also feeds off of dead and decaying cells, and infection leads to more dead and decaying cells. It’s the epitome of a vicious cycle.
- Shillington’s Intestinal Cleanse Formula
- FloraMend Prime Probiotic – Thorne Research
- Formula SF722 – Thorne Research (kills Candida and other fungi)
- Boswellia – Pure Encapsulations (reduces inflammation and relieves pain)
- Curcumin 500 with Bioperine® – Pure Encapsulations (A powerful formula for inflammation and many other ailments)
- Arctic Cod Liver Oil with Vitamin D – Nordic Naturals
- Organic Vegan EFA Liquid (vegan-friendly fats, but not necessary if doing cod liver oil)
- Vitalzym Systemic Enzymes – World Nutrition (system enzymes eliminate fibrous, damaged tissue and foreign proteins)
- AR-Encap – Thorne Research (joint support formula)
- American Ginseng – Gaia Herbs (for inflammation, but juicing your own organic ginger is better)
- Gluten, Candida, Leaky Gut Syndrome, and Autoimmune Diseases
- Understand Hypothyroidism – Prevention and Natural Remedies
- 80% Raw Food Diet
- Overview of Inflammation – Oregon State University
- Could This Be the Root Cause of Inflammation and Many Modern Diseases? – Socio-Economics
- Three Hidden Ways Wheat Makes You Fat – Mark Hyman