Arthritis is painful inflammation of one or more joints in the body. There are more than 100 types of arthritis, though the best-known types are osteoarthritis (which breaks down cartilage), rheumatoid arthritis (which is an autoimmune disorder affecting the lining of the joints), and gout (caused by deposits of urate crystals in the joints).
Any form of arthritis can both emotionally taxing and physically limiting due to pain and stiffness. Over time, damage to the joints can be extensive.
As with any disease, the first essential step is to change your diet. Every cell in the body requires two things: nutrition and detoxification. The proper diet achieves both; it gives the body dense nutrition and aids the body in daily detoxification.
What to eat:
- Eat a wide variety of nutrient dense, organic whole foods, not processed foods.
- Eat lots of produce – more vegetables than fruits; 80% of your food should be fresh, raw, organic produce!
- If you eat meat, always eat organic
- Omega 3 fatty acids – oily fish, fish oil, blended Omega 3 oil, flax seed oil, flax seeds
- Soak nuts and seeds before eating them
- Eat raw garlic, cilantro, and turmeric regularly to help detoxify
- Add nutrition powder to your daily diet
What not to eat:
- Artificial flavorings, colors, or preservatives
- High fructose corn syrup
- Sugar (in its many forms)
Stop all dairy for two weeks then challenge yourself with it (eat a lot of it). See what happens. If you feel ill, see dark circles under your eyes, or experience diarrhea, stop eating dairy.
Doc Shillington recommends the following vitamins and supplements for anyone suffering from arthritis:
- Vitamin C – 5000Mg daily
- Vitamin D3 – 5000Mg daily
- Vitamin E – 1200Mg daily
- Vitamin A – 50,000IU daily
- B vitamin complex
- CoQ10 – 100Mg daily
- Digestive plant enzyme with every meal
See the first link below for the rest of Doc Shillington’s protocol.
When we are ill, especially with anything autoimmune, it is very likely that we are suffering from leaky gut syndrome and Candida. It is vital to stop eating gluten and to get Candida under control so the gut can heal. The goal is to heal your gut followed by every other cell in your body.
Again, this is primarily accomplished by diet and aided by supplements. If you suffer from vaginal yeast infections, itchy skin, raw skin, athlete’s foot, nail fungus etc. these are definite signs that Candida is a problem. [See the second link below.
How to relieve the pain of arthritis
Step one is filling the body with dense nutrients. Step two is getting those nutrients into each and every cell of the body while cleansing each cell of waste and toxins. To accomplish this both blood and lymph need to work in harmony to bathe each cell.
Hot and cold hydrotherapy
Hot and cold hydrotherapy not only relieves pain, it aids the body in healing. It is simple and easy to do but it takes some fortitude. Alternate hot and cold water on the afflicted area for 20 minutes. Start with hot water for a minimum of two minutes then switch to cold for two minutes, back and forth. End with cold.
Hot water drives the blood to the surface of the skin. Cold water drives it deep into tissues. This agitation of the blood helps to cleanse the tissues, much like the agitation of a washing machine. See Hot and Cold Hydrotherapy.
Exercise is important. You need to move. The afflicted joints need to move. Exercise is also necessary to move your lymph. Lymph aids the blood in removing toxins and waste from the cells and their surrounding fluids.
A good masseuse can also help with both pain and healing. Massage aids with circulation of both blood and lymph.
Epsom Salts Bath
If done correctly, Epsom salts baths can be very beneficial. The first thing is to use enough salts. The second issue is to soak for 40 minutes. The first 20 minutes draws out toxins. During the second 20 minutes, you soak up magnesium and sulfates.
The amount to use is determined by weight to a standard size bath:
- 60-100 lbs: 1 cup
- 100-150 lbs: 1½ cups
- 150-200 lbs: 2 cups
- For each addition 50lbs, add another ½ cup
Herbs That Ease Arthritis Pain
All disease begins and ends on a cellular level. Nutrition, circulation, and detoxification are the core elements to end the pain and damage caused by arthritis. The first step to eliminating almost any disease is here: How To Kill Candida and Balance Your Inner Ecosystem. Many other ailments, including arthritis in the elbows, wrists, knees, hips and shoulders are caused by, and/or exacerbated by thyroid problems as well. Check out Understand Hypothyroidism – Prevention and Natural Remedies.
- Boswellia – Pure Encapsulations
- Shillington’s Deep Tissue Repair Oil
- Bromezyme – Progressive Labs
- AR-Encap – Thorne Research
- Curcumin 500 with Bioperine® – Pure Encapsulations
- Shillington’s Body Balance+
- Shillington’s Bone, Flesh, and Cartilage Formula
- Shillington’s Herbal First Aid Salve
- Eliminate Arthritis Naturally
- How to Kill Candida and Balance Your Inner Ecosystem
- Hot and Cold Hydrotherapy
- Natural Arthritis Remedies
- Natural Relief from Arthritis Pain – Healthline
- 14 Home Remedies for Arthritis and Joint Pain – Everyday Roots